Gaming Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java or C++

3 posters

Go down

Java or C++ Empty Java or C++

Post by TopshotKiller Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm trying to decide which would be best to learn, Java or C++. Which is more used and would be better to know? I know C++ ain't easy, but I bet Java ain't either. Anyways, I know Architect knows C++, and probably Java too. And I know C++ is something you need to know for Computer science in college. So am I too young to learn it? I'm really interested in Computer science so. I'm leanin towards C++.
TopshotKiller
TopshotKiller
Allstar
Allstar

Back to top Go down

Java or C++ Empty Re: Java or C++

Post by _-SPIDERxMAN-_ Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm

If your serious about learning this type of stuff, I'd start with Visual Basic. Its easier than c++ in my opinion and its what I learned first.
_-SPIDERxMAN-_
_-SPIDERxMAN-_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Transexual Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 am

Visual basic gets converted into C++ coding when its ran. I would go with C++, start big. Either one you choose is gonna be a tough long ride but it will be worth it in 3 or 4 years. But in the end it's up to you to choose what one you're more comfortable with.

C++: xoax.net

Java:
Youtube.com/thenewboston search for java tutorials. (also good for C++)

Good luck Topshotkiller Smile

Transexual
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopshotKiller Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 am

Thanks.(at least you know how to spell my name,Arch) And I decided to take up Spider-Man's advice at the moment. I got Visual Basic 2010 Express Smile too learn the basics of programming. I'm definitely interested in C++ and Java in the future. And thenewboston on YouTube does Visual basic tuts aswell. I figured since I know no "real" programming languages that I might aswell start from the beginning.
P.s. do you Guys recommend any good but cheap($150-300) laptops or pc's(prefer laptops ATM) I know a desktop is gonna be mandatory in the long run,but anyways Smile I'm saving up to buy my own.. Thanks.
TopshotKiller
TopshotKiller
Allstar
Allstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Transexual Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

"Cheap but good" Doesn't exist.....

Transexual
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopshotKiller Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Okay, how much are we taling about? It will just take longer to get Smile it doesn't need to be Fancy, just work fast enough to run compilers/programs.
TopshotKiller
TopshotKiller
Allstar
Allstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Transexual Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 am

You don't need a "fancy" or "great" computer for a coding applications. Anything that runs decent will work for programming applications. This better not be just talk either. If you're gonna do it then start now. Don't procrastinate or it will never get done. If you don't have a computer then use something that can access the internet and read about it. Hit up the local library and find books. Saying you're gonna attempt to learn and actually taking actions to learn are two different things. If you really want to get into programming, taking my advice will be an easy thing to do Smile

Transexual
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopshotKiller Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 am

Yea I have an old laptop that I'm programming on, but I use my iPod to read about it when I'm not on laptop. And I've been looking at books, especially in library, library books are checked out.. And today I've started going over basics in Vb 2010 Express... Watched/Read some tutorials and made really simple Hello World(windows form app), hello world(console app), progress bar(lol) and I'm making a notepad, I understand the basics and not too hard yet. I'm not copying n pasting, but typing everything. But I want to learn it enough to not need tutorials. Btw, Arch do you know Visual Basic? (I'm assuming yes..) Smile
TopshotKiller
TopshotKiller
Allstar
Allstar

Back to top Go down

Post by TopshotKiller Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:43 am

Had an old pc that would automatically shutdown, I replaced the Processer fan and it works now Smile installed windows xp(it had a very old windows version) and I'm ready to program.. Made a few vb.net programs and I'm reading books/ebooks. Fixing it was a snap...
TopshotKiller
TopshotKiller
Allstar
Allstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Transexual Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 am

TopshotKiller wrote:Had an old pc that would automatically shutdown, I replaced the Processer fan and it works now Smile installed windows xp(it had a very old windows version) and I'm ready to program.. Made a few vb.net programs and I'm reading books/ebooks. Fixing it was a snap...

LMFAO, nice I guess. I would love the know the specs of that pc, thanks Smile. Good luck on furthering your career with programming. It gets much harder. Have fun and I hope for the best. Keep me updated the best you can. I would like to hear how it works out.

Btw, No I don't know Visual Basic, I've been doing C++ on and off the past year or 2.

Transexual
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum